CRISTEN AT WORK
ON THE PODCAST:
- Sexist Emoji? Unicode, the volunteer organization responsible for all those tacos and unicorns in your text messages, has a very narrow view of what women do. Plus, whether emoticon and emoji use is a feminine-gendered form of communication.
- Adult Coloring Books: This was such a fun and relaxing topics to learn about...just like coloring!
- ChangeMAKERS: Dignify Your Work: To celebrate Women's History Month and the important work happening at the women's video archive MAKERS, we're releasing a podcast miniseries each Friday in March. In the second episode we talk to soccer superstar Abby Wambach on her post-retirement plans for changing the world and erasing the gender wage gap.
- What Straight Guys Get Wrong About Bi Girls: It's time to smash the stereotype of the hypersexual bisexual girl who's always down for anything.
- Second Wave Feminism Without White Women: What started as SMNTY fan requests for videos explaining feminism's waves became a personal challenge to trace its history exclusively through the experiences of women of color. It's one of my favorite videos to date.
- Stuff Mom Never Told You at SxSW Interactive: In addition to hosting a live show on Sexism & Science Communication, Caroline and I are moderated a terrific panel with Bossed Up's Emilie Aries and Ladypreneur League's Porsha Thomas on millennial women starting their own digital businesses. #bossladies
- A Feminist Walks Into a YouTube Science Video: A Tale of Two #Shirtstorms & Sexism in Science Communication: Sorry not sorry, sexist science fans: intersectional feminism absolutely has a place in science. (Medium)
- 13 Wedding Podcasts That Are Guaranteed to Save Your Sanity: Finally, I put my podcast fandom to good use by curating this wedding- and relationship-related playlist from some of my favorite shows for one of my favorite sites, A Practical Wedding. (A Practical Wedding)
- The challenge of podcasting while female from the makers of Stuff Mom Never Told You: It was delightful chatting with CBC host Lindsay Michael about podcasting, sexism and Beyonce.